Saturday, July 16, 2011

Kindle 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 3G Works Globally, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology (Electronics)

Kindle 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 3G Works Globally, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl TechnologyThe size is absolutely ideal. In the Amazon cover, it is exactly like reading from a paperback book. It is noticeably lighter & simpler to hold for reading, even with arthritis in my hands. The page turn buttons are brilliant. Very no noise, & you don't must push them as hard. It ought to make it much simpler for those with weak or disabled hands. I also like have next page & earlier buttons on both sides. I didn't think it would make a difference to me, but it does.

When I first unboxed the new K3, I was one time slightly disappointed. The new 5-way appeared to be harder to used than the tiny joystick of the K2. I must say, though, days later, I am liking it much better. Since I am getting used to it so quickly, I think in another day I won't know the difference.

I haven't had it long to comment on the extended battery life. But I was one time honestly fine with the over ten days I always got with K2.

I attempted a couple of times to connect the WiFi, but didn't get it to work. Today I had more time so I thought I'd try to puzzle through it. But when I navigated to the wireless menu, it had somehow figured out how to connect by itself. The browser is MUCH faster, & it made purchasing a book a breeze.

& the FONTS! My word what a difference! I can practically read in the dark! I have been able to reduce the font size from four to two. Merge sharper contrast with better fonts & it is an unbeatable combo.

The ONLY thing I would alter if I could is to move the Menu button, & the Back button. I am having a tiny trouble navigating with the down arrow because I hit Back. But I am beginning to get the hang of it.

All in all, I think Amazon hit it out of the park with the K3!

No comments:

Post a Comment